Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting Nervous!

So I am busy doing all the last minute preparation for Vancouver Island Expedition.

I will be taking a Spot Messenger www.findmespot.com/ and you can track my progress at:




http://share.findmespot.com/shared/gogl.jsp?glId=0d2xnkdma8kEkOFlEHZF8RdCltLlDtL2r






I want to say a huge thanks to Kokatat who have once again been a tremendous support providing me with a gorgeous new Gore-Tex Meridian dry suit.


Thanks to Chris Mathais, sales rep for Mountain Hardware who has arranged for me to take a Stiletto tent described as: "Our lightest, most advanced tent for the solo backpacker. New ultralight components developed exclusively for Mountain Hardwear bring the Stilleto in under 2 1/2 lbs: superlight fly and floor fabrics, new Atlas UL poles and 1/4" webbing with molded clips throughout. All-mesh canopy reduces weight and provides excellent ventilation. Innovative hoop design with our patented Evolution Tension Arch delivers strength with a minimum of poles".


I also want to thank Katadyn http://www.katadyn.com/ who have supplied me with an Optimus Nova+ multi fuel cooker http://www.optimus.se/ and a very trick titanium cookset as well as a load of Micropur water treatment tablets.









Thanks too to Gaia who have supplied me with a few dry bags, a very cool stow float and a paddle float (just in case).






And thanks to Valley for letting me use a demo boat for the trip! I will try to look after it!

I still plan to start from Port Hardy on September 23rd if the weather looks good.

Cheers
Sean

1 comment:

California Kayaker Magazine said...

"all mesh canopy" on that tent - hopefully it also came with a rain fly...

I am enjoying following the trip. Good luck.